Brisbane is the centre of Queensland South East Corner, the State Capital of Queensland, and Australia’s third most populated city behind Sydney and Melbourne, with a population of almost 2 million residents.
Brisbane’s metropolitan and business areas hug the banks of the Brisbane River which winds its way through the City and provides Brisbane with one of Australia’s most practical Natural Transport Systems.
Recently the city’s Southbank Precinct has undergone a complete renovation and now boast a spectacular array of venues making it a world class event, arts and entertainment precinct.
Southbank Arts Precinct:
- Queensland Performing Arts Centre
- Queensland Conservatorium of Music,
- Queensland Museum
- Queensland Maritime Museum
- Opera Queensland
- Queensland Art Gallery
- Queensland Gallery of Modern Art
- State Library of Queensland
Southbank Conventions, Conferences, and Events
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- 17 Hectares of Lush parklands offers visitors and locals the perfect setting for free family entertainment, free BBQ’s, salt water swimming lagoon, interactive playgrounds, open air theatres, river side boardwalk, footbridge to the Brisbane CBD.
This website is designed to allow visitors to Brisbane and Queensland to browse, find and book accommodation and tours to make the most out of their Australian travel experience.